Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
YOUR OVERALL TASK IS TO EVALUATE THE SUGAR SOFTWARE. Is it good educational software?
1) If you haven't done it yet go to
page and change your name to an alias and put a comment about the xo or sugar
(27/8 Wednesday -death-god, blosiacregrowner and qwerty69 still to do this)
2) Experiment with setting up your own page under your alias name and uploading a picture, writing some words of your own, linking to other pages in this wiki and experimenting with formatting features in the edit bar -
everyone has now done this but the quality varies, the idea was to experiment with the formatting features (look in the marks book for the mark you have received)
page - vote for each piece of
software (go to sugar page for brief description). Don't vote yet on those in
, we need more information before voting. Votes received so far from MA, BL, Ba, AZN, GR, PH, Sm. Thanks, need more.
4) Check out
page, tell teacher if there is some topic you would like to research - add your own if you want, eg. azu added links about keyboard shortcuts
- what is your opinion? Record there. Join in the discussion, too!!
6) If you want start your own discussion page
7) Grunty has started a
. Go there for comments and to discuss issues to do with the XO and Sugar OS
8) Joel has raised an issue to do with aliases on the
page. Go there to have your say.
9) New page:
- you will receive credit for initiatives, please check with teacher before recording your initiative on this page.
10) Any questions for joel, ask on the
11) Borrow the green machine (xo), take a photo, make a recording, make a video (you can work in a small group for this)
WEEK 7-8, TERM 3:
through making your own and studying the samples
13) On this wiki write down information about turtle art (impressions, questions, etc.)
14) Upload a screenshot to your personal page of some creation you have made with turtle art
NB: Put your comments and screenshots on your student pages when working during class time. The wiki can't handle multiple edits at the same time
WEEK 9 and 10, TERM 3:
15) Morphic and Etoys
a) Load etoys
b) Do the car tutorials, the pdfs are on the L drive in the year10 folder (Project1-7)
c) Put some screen shots into your personal pages of this wiki
d) Write a comment saying what you think of etoys - more detail is better than just one sentence
1) Write a comment saying what you think of the
- read the discussion that is on that page before you write
2) Modifying Sugar
a) follow the SVG page first task
3) Assist in working out which activities support collaboration and which don't, see
page for Getting Started Instructions
4) Dr Geo tasks, see the
page for list of tasks
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"